Friday, August 21, 2009

More beer!


As I was saying, the cliffs got taller, the cows were on the shoulders, and the road got really windy. 2000 foot cliffs over the ocean makes for better sightseeing than fast motorcycling.

We turned inland to Geurneyville and gassed up. Congestion occurred immediately. I also put 4 more psi in my front tire, which helped immensely. At low speeds (30 mph) it is still bouncing, but at higher speeds, over 60, i can't tell it is there. It will last me home, unless I can get it pounded out where we get our oil changed.

The reason we left the coast was to visit Russian River brewing company in Santa Rosa. This brewery is renowned for barrel aged sour (ie. Funky) beers, and does not ship outside california. We found the brewery, and I ordered the sampler set. I got 18 samples! I guess we'd use our entire parking allotment.

They had some brews in bottles so i bought them, and filled the case with brews we had picked up on the way, and dirty laundry camping gear i wasn't planning on using the rest of the trip home. I took that box down a block to Fedex, as i they shipped beer for me in the past (see, I had it all figured out) but The little kid behind the counter said they can't do it unless i am a licensed fedex alkyhol shipper. Whatever... The pipsqueak wouldn't even look me in the eye. He said i could take it to the ups counter in the local safeway.

We packed the case on the bike and went to said safeway. On the way we were surrounded by zooming and sirening cop cars so we pulled off to let them pass, when Ron pointed out that we were right across the street from where all the action was! Before I could say 'Lets get out of here' we were out of there!

Alas, the safeway did not have a ups counter. Ups was around the corner and it closed 11 minutes ago. Argh! Ron offered to haul the box back to portland and ship it from there.

Back when we were at the brewpub we got a recommendation for a campsite on sugarloaf ridge so we went there. $30 for the site, $8 per additional vehicle, so we forked over $46 for a campsite. i had already checked out local hotels... $70 for a pimp hole (tavellodge) and $180 for hampton inn... Ok, we camped. Ron made a food and beer run to town, we hunkered down foe the night, and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment