Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hidden Beer

After a day in Vegas at 110 F we took off for home. We wated an early start to beat the heat, but decided that might put usin traffic so we delayed until 9am. That gave me time for a run.

Leaving Las Vegas was easy. Getting out of Nevada required more mettle. The dash temp gauge registered 105 F before we got to Utah, where it vacillated between 104 and 91, with a dip to 79 as we crossed a mountain range. But overall it was a hot ride and every hour I refilled my Camelbak.

I got stung by something in my side, probably a wasp. Could not find the stinger or the culprit, but it hurt like a mofo.

Since we are looking to make up time after spending extra time in Vegas and California we are slabbing it. I-15 to I-70 ad stuff.

The desert is, well, a desert. The Virgin River Gorge was nice. Utah is full of great canyons.

We got a cheap room at the Motel 6 ad Chuck and Øyvind went to get beer. Being Utah, the visible beer is only 4% Abv, so they had to ask the locals where the good stuff is. Turns out they have to hide it in the gift shop of the restaurant at the truck stop. Something about the liquor control board being run by Mormons.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment