Sunday, December 23, 2012

You know you're a midwesterner if ...


View Larger Map


...you need to take a break because there are just ... TOO ... MANY ... CORNERS!


...you can't seem to get used to slower cars pulling over to let you pass.

...your shoulders and palms hurt from countersteering for 500 miles.

...you can't shake the CBR-250 following you despite having 1050 more cc (last year)

What can I say? Northern California offers some of the best riding in our country. From my camp-site at Whiskeytown national rec area to the coast was 115 miles of all sorts of curves and very little traffic. A 20 mile jaunt to Willow Creek on 299 yielded more traffic but lots of sweepers and passing zones. 96 to Happy Camp was 89 miles of bliss following the Klamath river with astounding views... and traffic was nonexistent. I only had to pass two vehicles. I could have stayed on 96 another 60 miles, to Yreka, but I needed to go north, not east. So I took Indian Spring road to Oregon, then 199 to Crescent City and 101 north.

It was 90-97f inland. It was 49f and foggy on the coast. I chose fog, banking on a nice day tomorrow.





I camped at Humbug Mtn state park. Exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment