Sunday, May 17, 2009

This is my blog. I will blog as I feel like blogging. It might contain details of my travels so that friends and family can share my progress where ever I may roam.

I am selfish, and as such, the purpose of this blog is to help me to reflect on my travels and give me an incentive to take more photos. In the past I have documented some travels, which I find I enjoy rereading (and thus reliving). I also tend to just ride and not take a whole lot of photos, even when I know I enjoy photos from my trips. Thus, knowing I have a blog, I will try to take photos.

A question that came up was why I didn't just use my Facebook page. Well ... I haven't logged into Facebook in a looooong time. Nor are all my friends on Facebook, making it difficult to just view where I am and what I am doing. Facebook does many things well yet it is cluttered and has a lot of junk in there. For those of you who are on Facebook .. imagine sifting through all the crapola that is there in an attempt to figure out where I have been since the last time you checked on me, and where I am going. And there are the privacy concerns ... if you are aren't aware of them, I hope you have good malware/spyware/antivirus on your computer.

The format of my blogs will depend on what I feel like. For my birthday Jenn gave me a neat phone (Samsung Instinct) with which I can send and receive email and sort of browse the web. I will not have a laptop with me on most of my trips. Therefore, I will attempt to blog from my phone on a daily basis. I can upload photos to this blog, but they ahve to be small (250k) so that's out. Instead, I will upload to PhotoBucket. Check out the link on the side of this blog! In other words .. this is just an excuse for poor punctation and grainy photos.

When I get access to a computer, I might put more detail into my blog. I might copy some photos in directly, expand on stuff, etc. We'll see ..

What all this amounts to is that you'll see blogs come in raw, then later get refined. At least that's the idea. It really depends on what I feel like ... ;-)

In case you didn't notice (as I buried it in the paragraph above) I will have my phone with me. That means I can talk to you, receive text messges, and respond to email. My phone will become my primary mode of communication. While I am riding I may not be able to answer, but I can hear voicemail. This means that if you have something important to tell me which I should act on immediately, a voice call and message will get the fastest response; then text; then email.

This summer I have four trips planned.

Next week we'll be traveling to Virginia.
At the end of June we have a short ride to New Glarus.
July we're going back to Virginia.
And in August our trip will go west.

So .. to start things off, I will create posts from an older trip I made several years ago from Oregon to Texas and back.

Thanks for joining me on my journeys .. and I hope that I'll get to visit with y'all along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment